Thursday, September 12, 2013

8 Months Old


Another fun month as a family of three has come and gone.  It just keeps getting better.  I wish I could freeze time and enjoy this eight month old stage for awhile longer, I love it.  It is getting harder and harder to remember what life was like before Baby Kate, it seems like nothing I did up until this year even remotely matters compared to motherhood.  It is the best and most important job I will ever have, and the biggest blessing I have experienced.


Current favorites: Riding on Daddy's shoulders (especially if Daddy is galloping, even more giggles if Daddy makes neighing horsey noises while he gallops), opening cabinets, the hokey pokey, making this weird clearing her throat noise that sounds like she has a hairball, gnawing on broccoli or squash, Skyping with Aunt Claudia and laughing at the silly faces Claudia makes at her, and sucking her right thumb

Broccoli chomp monster

Dislikes: Having her runny nose wiped, when we don't let her put our shoes in her mouth, diaper changes, and almost all naps initially

Things to remember about this month: Two big firsts were standing on her own without support (it has only happened very briefly a few times), and walking along furniture once she pulls herself up.  This month our girl became too confident, speedy, and curious when she crawls, and therefore we had to gate off a section of the living room for her safety and our sanity (chasing after her and picking her up and moving her constantly was exhausting).  She started reaching her arms up towards us, a motion that will melt your heart in an instant.  She continues to enjoy all the food we've let her try, even the once loathed green beans are now a huge hit.  One of the best things about her extroverted friendly personality is that she has zero stranger anxiety, she will happily beam back at anyone who will smile at her. This has made her a favorite with the older children at daycare, their parents, and the employees who all stop us as we come and go each day to babble with Kate and have her laugh at them.  It makes me happy that she has the reputation of being the "happy baby."

Those cheeks and thighs have come a long way this year:


What a challenging yet wonderful journey it has been so far!  Happy 8 months Katherine!
   

2 comments:

  1. She is such a sweetie. I can hardly believe that she is 8 months old.
    Love her and her smiling face.

    ReplyDelete