Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Last weekend it was time for our first family bike outing, and this weekend it was my first time mountain biking with Matt since finding out I was pregnant last spring.  We took full advantage of having eager grandparents around to babysit, loaded up our gear, and took to the hills!


Matt went easy on me and waited patiently at the top of the bigger climbs and I really enjoyed being out on the trails with him again.  After our adventures I was worn out and we spent the rest of the weekend just visiting with Matt's parents (and Aunt Carol who happened to be in town seeing a friend of hers), and playing with the baby.  It was low key and lazy and I continue to love watching our parents interact with their grandchild. Kate is such a lucky little girl to have so many people crazy about her.





We put Grammie to work, deferring duties such as stinky diaper changing, bathtime, and bedtime stories to her.  Peggy was up to the challenge and happily took every opportunity to take care of her favorite granddaughter.





I love weekends and I love our family.  I'm always a bit sad when Sunday evening rolls around and the weekend is over.  Good thing there's another one to look forward to next week.


2 comments:

  1. I am up to the task anytime. We enjoyed seeing you and Matt with Kate. If my heart keeps swelling with love it might break out of my chest.
    You are a beautiful young woman. You were beautiful on your wedding day when you and Matt made those vows to cherish and love one another. When you look at Kate your beauty is even more evident. It is a beauty that radiates because it is filled with love.
    Thank you for welcoming us into your home and into your heart.







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment! It's easy to love such a great little baby!

      Delete