Monday, November 19, 2012
Week 33
How far along: 33 weeks
Best moment this week: Our turkey dinner with friends on Saturday night.
What's new with baby: She is growing rapidly right now, she'll gain about an inch in length this week putting her near the 17 inch mark. Her weight could be anywhere between 4 and 5 pounds this week. Since there's so much baby in my belly, the fluid surrounding her has maxed out and her pokes feel much sharper because there's less liquid to cushion those blows. She continues to be extremely active at night, but says hello throughout the day too. Her foot gets stuck in my rib cage sometimes and I'll usually poke at her and explain that it's a not very comfy for me until she shakes herself loose and finds a better spot. I know I feel cramped in my own skin right now and I imagine she's feeling the same way in her crowded living space.
Mom is feeling: A bit nervous about how I'll survive the next 6 to 9 weeks if I'm already feeling so uncomfortable. The first eight months were mostly easy and complaint free, I guess if this last stretch is more annoying I can handle it, especially since I know women who were miserable the whole 9 months. It is funny how I suddenly don't feel like myself at all anymore- I'm wobbly, awkward, clumsy, and helpless. My whole center of gravity is off and I can tell anytime I try to make a sudden movement that things are not the same. The yoga has been helping me balance and learn how to open things up to create more space for air when I breathe, something I used to take for granted until my lungs got squashed. My stomach is definitely smaller too, squished up higher and unable to take in the same amount of foods I used to be able to eat at one meal.
Weight gain: 22 pounds, which feels like 60 when I'm flailing about sunken in on the couch unable to pull myself back up.
Wardrobe: If I wear a thin shirt you can see a belly button bump now. It isn't a total outtie yet, but puffy around the edges and definitely headed that direction soon.
Cravings: Nope.
Missing: The wonders of DayQuil, NyQuil, and other drugs that make a congested nose more bearable. I have a cold and never realized how much I depend on cold medicine to get me through the day or help me sleep at night. Unfortunately nasal decongestants are on the "not safe" list for unborn babies. Hopefully this cold will be gone as quick as it came on.
Scared about: Losing my balance and falling. It's already happened once (don't worry, I was fine).
Excited about: Seeing my parents, Matt's parents, and my sister and brother in law on Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Neti Pot!! A pregnant lady's congested dream - just boil the water first :)
ReplyDeleteI put my modifier in the wrong place there - you're congested, not your dream - sorry.
Delete