Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 31


How far along: 31 weeks

Best moment this week: Celebrating our 7th anniversary!  We went to a nice restaurant downtown and spent the whole weekend being lazy together.  I am so thankful for Matt, and it's strange but fun to think that next year we'll need to hire a babysitter when we go out for our 8th!

What's new with baby:  I've nicknamed one of her moves "rock baby" for when she balls up into a solid rock and makes my belly look all lopsided where her hard body is sticking out.  She is super active, and her sweet pokes are turning into much stronger karate kicks.  She measures 16 inches long and is about 3.3 pounds.  Her size is similar to a pineapple.

Mom is feeling: Pretty good.  I have some of the normal complaints of a 7 month pregnant woman- difficulty sleeping, having to go to the bathroom all the time, shortness of breath, clumsiness, fatigue... but none of these symptoms are too annoying.

Weight gain: 19 pounds on the scale at home... 22 pounds at the doctor's office. I blame the boots I was wearing at my appointment and choose to believe the scale at home is more accurate!

Wardrobe: I'm loving the fall temperatures since pregnancy has made me toasty warm all the time.  Even though it's chilly in the mornings, I'm still wearing flip flops to work and my short sleeved maternity tops.

Cravings: Nothing pregnancy related- just the usual longings I've had all my life for sweets, especially gooey, warm chocolate chip cookies.  Sadly there aren't any in my house because I know if there were I wouldn't have the willpower to consume them in moderation.

Missing: Mobility.  Getting in and out of the car, off the couch, up the stairs, etc. are becoming much more awkward than they used to be and I miss the ease with which my smaller frame was able to manage daily movements.

Scared about:  We start our childbirth classes this week and I'm terrified that at some point they will make us watch one of those graphic videos of childbirth that I've been trying to avoid ever since that traumatic day of 10th grade health class when we watched "The Miracle of Life."  I'm well aware that it's going to be a gory yet beautiful mess, I don't need the visual image keeping me awake at night.

Excited about: My temp started today at work!  I have two months to train her before I go on maternity leave and having her in the office is just another reminder that this is all really going to be happening in the near future!  I'm glad that I have a good amount of time to train her so that I won't have to worry or even think about work while I'm off and my transition back should be a lot smoother too if someone capable was keeping up with my work while I was gone.

3 comments:

  1. Yea for 7 years.
    Yea for temp at work.
    Yea for another great picture.
    Boo about the choc. chip cookies, I need your willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will watch those videos...and you will CRY!!! Suddenly it will all seem so beautiful and magical and just a little bit gross. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the videos on babycenter.com - they had a few different ones - with an epidural, a c-section, and all natural - and yes, I WEPT through all of them!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete