Monday, November 12, 2012
Week 32
How far along: 32 weeks
Best moment this week: Napping on and off all weekend. It has been a super busy week- training the temp at work is exhausting and the rest of my schedule has been full too with delivery classes at the hospital, church small group, prenatal yoga, doctor's appointments...I've been pretty worn out both mentally and physically and loved that our weekend had no plans.
What's new with baby: Our little girl is feeling less "little" everyday! She is plumping up, gaining about half a pound a week (currently weighing around 4 pounds). I feel her moving all throughout the day, she kicks and twists and jabs constantly. At night she gets even crazier causing ripples to go all over my belly. The midwife confirmed today that she has moved into the proper head down position to make her debut, I was glad to check "breech baby" off my list of concerns. She also told me that the hard ball I often feel is a baby butt!
Mom is feeling: Uncomfortable. Sometime in the last week breathing has become more difficult. I'm short of breath a lot, even when I'm not doing anything. Different annoyances like leg cramps or twinges of back pain come and go, luckily they don't happen everyday. I'm extremely tired, probably a combination of not being able to sleep well and how busy I've been at work lately. I get more and more excited though with each week that passes because all the new symptoms just mean our baby is getting bigger and stronger and closer to her arrival!
Weight gain: 21 pounds
Wardrobe: Thanks to all the hand me downs from gracious friends I feel like I have a whole new fall wardrobe to pick from. Today it was still 78 degrees, but cooler weather is coming and I think I have enough maternity staples like solid colored shirts to get me through the next eight weeks.
Cravings: My favorite meal is coming up... Thanksgiving! I already fixed us a turkey last week with stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy and we had leftovers for days. This Saturday we're hosting a potluck Thanksgiving feast at our house, and then next Thursday we'll officially get the "real thing." Mmmm.... I love this time of year.
Missing: Functioning ab muscles. You never realize how often you use your abs to bend at the waist until the day when you drop an M & M on the kitchen floor and the "five second rule" turns into the "30 second rule" or worse... you just abandon the M & M because it simply isn't worth the struggle. Who have I become? No M & M should ever be left behind!
Scared about: Bringing home a newborn baby.
Excited about: Bringing home a newborn baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My maternity clothes look HUGE on you!! Glad they're giving new life to your wardrobe, though, I remember how rotating the same 4 outfits can get old. Hope yoga helps with your aches and pains - and that more people came to class this week :)
ReplyDeleteI want to make sure you know that I mean the clothes look too big for you - not that you look big :)
ReplyDeleteHaha, they don't feel huge at all, some tops even feel snug! I am quite a bit shorter than you so some might look long, but like having the extra length to cover up the elastic top of the pants. Thanks again!! Yoga was very relaxing, and there were several of us in the class!
DeleteEeeeek!!! You're getting so CLOSE!! I'm so excited for you. You have to keep doing weekly baby posts once you're not pregnant anymore because I'll be lost without the updates!
ReplyDeleteI am excited too. I can hardly wait to see that precious baby girl.
ReplyDeleteKeep taking care of yourself.
Give Matt and LBGW a hug for me.
is it just me or does it feel like you have you been preggo for 2 years? come on baby- get here!
ReplyDelete