After stuffing our bellies we burned some calories laughing by playing Apples to Apples and Taboo. Then we broke out the desserts and even though we were all super full it didn't stop anyone from digging into banana pudding or pecan pumpkin pie. Our smallest guest, 8 month old Braden didn't get to taste any of our Thanksgiving feast even though he came wearing his adorable turkey bib. However, he did get to be the first baby rocked to sleep in my glider. Somehow he even slept soundly in our nursery through all the shouts during Taboo. I'm glad to know the chair I love so much is baby tested and approved, it won't be long now before I spend lots of my time here:
Today we're relaxing, and probably still digesting yesterday's meal. Only a few short days of work this week and then it's off to Tennessee for the holiday! This year is going to be extra special since it will be the first time we celebrate Thanksgiving with both of our immediate families at the same time. It makes me so happy that everyone was willing to adjust their plans so that we don't have to drive as far and still get to see our closest family members. Going into this time of year I'm always overwhelmed with how much I have to be thankful for, and as I look back at a fun weekend with friends and ahead at time coming up with family and feel our baby squirming around happily inside me I realize that each year the list gets longer and longer.
Aww, the nursery nook looks so good! Glad your whole family will be together for Turkey Day - can't wait to read the blog all about it :)
ReplyDeleteGetting ready for our time together. I am so excited. It will be lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteYour rocker looks so comfortable. I am looking forward to rocking LBGW a few times myself.
Safe travels this week.