![]() |
| Celebratory nuggets for our little nugget after my doctor's appointment Tuesday |
Best moment this week: Finding out it's a... GIRL!
What's new with baby: She is getting bigger and stronger everyday and at the appointment this morning her weight was 14 ounces. Her heartbeat continues to be strong, 168 beats per minute, and she is healthy. She is a mover and a shaker for sure, I've been feeling her a lot more regularly. We got to witness how wiggly and squirmy she is on the montior today. She was kicking her legs, waving, sucking her fingers, and at one point during the 20 minute ultrasound she flipped over completely and suddenly her head was on the other side. Her smushed up little face is the cutest one I've ever seen.
Mom is feeling: Blessed. Week 21 was a big one- I felt the first kicks, saw the babe swimming around happily inside, and we started on the nursery (well, the demolition stage). The midwife says I'm healthy and the little lady is healthy so this is a very happy week.
Weight gain: 7 pounds
Wardrobe: Although I can still get away with several of my oversized tops, I'm mixing in and acquiring more maternity tops for comfort. I still prefer dresses, and bought a few maternity dresses that I think will transition well into fall with some leggings underneath. I have found that the investing in some cute, non-frumpy new clothes has done wonders for my mood and even though I cringe at buying pieces I will only wear for the next few months, I've decided it's well worth it if it makes me feel better about myself.
Cravings: In anticipation of fall weather and football season, this past weekend I really wanted some chili. It was more of a "Mmm, we haven't made chili in months" than a pregnancy "I must have a bowl of chili this instant" kind of craving, and we made a big batch packed full of tasty proteins like ground turkey, ground beef, and a variety of beans for our little bean.
Missing: Nothing.
Name news: Well the list just got a lot shorter now that we can discard half of it. We've got some top contenders, now the real debate will begin.
Scared about: Raising a girl. (I would've said "raising a boy" if it had been a boy.) Both genders come with a different set of challenges and joys.
Excited about: Labor Day weekend road trip! We're going to get to see a lot of extended family we haven't seen in years!

Auntie Claudia is very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! Love the pink header :) I am SO HAPPY for you! Girls are awesome, but you knew that already because you are one. I was terrified when I found out we'd be raising a girl, but now, I couldn't imagine what in the world I would've done with a boy! Yippee!!!
ReplyDeleteyayayayay!! love the picture - you look so fabulous and happy. the header is great - I keep forgetting to ask Claudia to give mine some lovin'. It was great talking to you this afternoon - can't wait to read about the nursery and all your plans.
ReplyDeleteYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY a little lady!! So excited for y'all!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!! We need a pic of that ultrasound on here! Love those little profile shots :)
ReplyDeleteooh! I concur on the ultrasound-pic-sharing!!
ReplyDelete