Friday, August 24, 2012

First Kick

I've been meaning to share this all week, but things at work have been much more stressful than usual and the last thing I've wanted to do when I get home is look at a computer screen again, but the weekend is here now so I thought I'd throw in a quick mid-week update.

The big news is that a few nights ago I felt the baby kick me for the first time.  I have felt lots of movement lately, but this was a definite nudge, a faint friendly hello.  It was exciting and I've felt a few more since then, but not everyday.

The other thing that seems to have happened this week is that I went from "baby bump" to "baby" in terms of my size.  I guess if the baby has gotten big enough and strong enough for me to feel it kicking, it's only logical that it would become much more obvious that I'm expecting.

We don't have much planned this weekend, which is nice since I'm exhausted from work and haven't been sleeping all that well.  I'll be back Tuesday with the regular weekly update for week 21... and the gender news!  Last chance to place your bets and make your guesses...

3 comments:

  1. "Yep" as Axel would say. Your baby bump is quite obvious. I have to say it looks good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good! I love that maternity shirt!! I thought of you on Friday when I was in Target and saw that all the cute Liz Lange shirts were on sale :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Target! I got it on sale last week along with some other Liz Lange stuff. You were right, switching to maternity clothes makes me feel less frumpy and more comfy!

      Delete