Saturday, August 18, 2012

Baby's first knits

I have mentioned before that one of my Mom's hobbies is knitting.  She has kicked it into high gear since finding out about her first grandchild and yesterday a package arrived... addressed to Baby Wheeler! Ahh!  I have to show off her first attempts (all complete successes) at making clothing  for the wee one: 
Two hats, mitts, and booties for our winter baby!
The white hat is cotton and the green (my Mom told me the color of the yarn was called "parrot" which I think makes it even cuter somehow) mitts, boots and hat are merino wool.  Everything is all natural and washable, and once we find out the sex of the baby she will knit a "Coming Home Cap" in either pink or blue.
The funny thing is, she told me these first items were just practice pieces!  I can't wait to see what other adorable things she will come up with now that she has mastered the basics.  I think she could have a future Etsy shop if she keeps this up.  Thanks, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love it - can't wait for more. I was so upset when I came downstairs and discovered Pete was on the phone with Matt this morning - I wanted to know if you were there, if he had spoken to you, etc. Clearly I should just call you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is nothing in this world cuter than knit baby thingies. My MIL knitted a closet full of sweaters and hats and the like...all totally adorable and most have never been worn by Sylvia! I swear I'll get those knit things on this baby if it kills me! You're right, your mom needs an Etsy shop! Those practice pieces are too cute!

    ReplyDelete