Thursday, May 3, 2012

Projects

I thought I'd show off a few things I've actually successfully completed lately (unlike my scrapbook project which I've ignored even though bits and pieces of it are still strewn all over the office reminding me of my failure and abandonment).  First, in honor of our 8th National Championship I put together a collage of Kentucky themed photos:
I've been meaning to do this since back in 2009 which I think is when Matt took a bunch of great pics around campus... and I never seemed to get around to displaying them the way I planned.  I'm proud of myself for actually getting all the prints ordered and putting it together as a fun way to bring a piece of our college experience into our living room.

Next up, I'm delighted to report that my attempt at growing summer herbs has not failed yet!  (Yes, in years past I always manage to over/under water my herbs and the results have been puny.)  However, so far so good!

Operation "backyard bush declutter" is also going nicely, although not quite complete yet.  Matt dug out the giant holly bush to the right of our patio doors that had taken over an entire door and completely blocked part of our bay window.
I don't have a recent "before" picture, so this one from last January will at least give you some idea of how it looked before, but I promise you need to double the size of that bush in your head because that's how fast it took over in a year.
I'm glad that the weekend is almost here because I feel like there are always little things I want to do around the house that I never get to (or feel like) doing during the week.  After our beach trip last weekend, I'm looking forward to a weekend at home checking more items off the "to do" list!


1 comment:

  1. So glad ellie made the collage! Twice if you count when she was in my tummy :)

    Hope you have a good weekend - don't forget to watch the Derby!!

    ReplyDelete