Summer is almost here and I can hardly stand it. Of course, now that we live in South Carolina, it's been feeling summery for months, but Memorial Day marks the beginning of the season for me. This year we're going on vacation (yipee!). Soon. Last year we did not take a vacation because I didn't get very many days as a new employee. I cannot wait to spend a week on the beach relaxing with friends. Until then though, here are some things making me happy right now:
# 1: My hanging baskets:
Not only are my hanging baskets that I bought a few weeks ago still alive... but they are thriving! Seriously, they look better than when we bought them! Given my terrible track record with plants in the past this is a complete shock and lovely surprise.
# 2: Cupcakes
We had a great time celebrating Matt's thirtieth birthday this past weekend, and as a bonus- there are still plenty of cupcakes left just innocently sitting around my kitchen. I believe, that given their strong resemblance to muffins, they qualify as a breakfast food. Yum!
# 3 Frozen treats
Before you think it's all sugary cupcakes and unhealthy treats around here, I should mention that there are these Blue Bell Fruit Bars in my freezer. This is the perfect summertime patio snack, and you don't have to feel guilty at all about enjoying one. They are only 70 calories!
Only a few more days of work and then the long weekend will be here!

No comments:
Post a Comment