First, happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms who read my blog. An extra special shout out needs to be given to my great mom, thanks for always being there for me!
![]() |
| Family canoe adventure in the early 80's... don't let the fear on my face fool you, I knew I was safe in Mom's arms, even if it does look like Claudia is thinking about tipping the boat. |
Even though I was unable to spend this Mother's Day with my mom, I was lucky enough to spend it with the other mom in my life, my mother-in-law Peggy. Matt's parents came Friday to spend the weekend with us and we couldn't have asked for better weather. They brought us all kinds of UK Championship gear: t-shirts, glasses, autographed books, and stuffed animals. Friday night Matt grilled steaks to honor his mom with a delicious dinner and then we strolled to the Bruster's up the road for ice cream. Saturday we decided to visit the Columbia zoo and botanical gardens, and were very impressed with how nice it was.
Maybe it was because the weather wasn't too hot, but it seemed like most of the animals were out and about and active which was a nice surprise because I've been to zoos before where all the animals are sleeping in a corner somewhere and not much fun to observe.
The Botanical Garden was neat too, a very peaceful and pretty place to wander away from all the crowds and noisy monkeys at the zoo. We did a lot of walking, but with such low humidity and pleasant temperatures none of us minded being outside all afternoon.
![]() |
| I couldn't resist imitating this whimsical elephant garden art |
![]() |
| In other news- I have joined a mariachi band. Not sure what this cut out has to do with a botanical garden, but it was there and I LOVE a good cut out photo op. |










what a fun weekend! can't wait to see the UK gear :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute and a fun filled Mom's day. Love the pink elephant, too.
ReplyDelete