Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wedding Week

It's here!  Only four more days until my sis joins the club of wedded bliss and marries her man, Stephen!  There are so many things I'm looking forward to, here's a list of just a few of them:

-Seeing Claudia in her wedding dress.  I've seen lots of pictures from every angle, but that's just not the same as seeing it in person complete with veil, fancy wedding hair and makeup, and her bouquet of flowers.  Yep, I think I'll get teary eyed for sure.

- Reunion with family and friends.  Weddings are a great place to catch up and visit with people you don't get to see nearly as often as you'd like.

- The food.  For months I've listened to my mom read off menu options from the caterer, and for months I've been hungry.  Just kidding, I eat quite regularly, but my point is the choices sound delicious. 
Which dress did I pick?  Tune in next week to see pics on the wedding recap post.
- Bonus: after this weekend I will have a brother.  I think I always wanted a brother just so there would be someone else to help me pick on my sister.  Stephen definitely likes to tease Claudia and I am more than happy to supply him with years of material.  It's all in good fun. 

- Speaking of teasing, I'm very much looking forward to the rehearsal dinner slideshow which will surely feature some joke worthy photos of both my sister and new brother in law.  Did anyone look good in middle school? (Refer back to my post a few weeks ago for the answer-no.)  I hope there are some classic pics of them both growing up.

- Best view in the house.  As the Maid of Honor (technically "Matron of Honor" but I think Maid sounds much hipper and less like an old woman who lives in a shoe, wearing an apron, stirring a pot of stew to feed her 15 children wondering what happened to her beauty and youth... basically not a nice image) I will be right in line with all the action.  No straining to hear vows, no having to consult my program to see what happens next, no waiting in line for cake- I'm a VIP at this wedding and as you probably know, status is everything.

I am so excited and happy for Claudia and Stephen and know this will be a beautiful, memorable event to celebrate the beginning of a wonderful marriage.  It will be here very soon and I can't wait!


1 comment: