Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Fun

A zombie and a witch in love.  It sounds like a show on the CW.  Who am I kidding?  It sounds like a show on the CW that I would watch.  Aren't we cute?
Last night Matt's co-workers had a Halloween/Surprise party for Doug, who's leaving for the new Hawley location in Nevada.  Matt was a Steve Jobs zombie (hence the black turtleneck tucked into his unbelted jeans).  Too soon?  I definitely thought so, as did a few others, but surprisingly the majority of party goers not only approved, but thought it was great.  Since my date was going with a costume slightly over the line, I decided to go as a classic, good witch.
 The party was fun, lots of good costumes including... a Woopie Cushion, wench,
 mummy, lady bug,
 Village People biker, Amish Tony (aka "Jedediah" for the night- he stayed in character while trying to light the fire pit in the backyard hunting for sticks and blowing on it instead of resorting to technological advances), an occupy Wall Street protester,
the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (winner for most unrecognizable),
a hobo clown (note the belt made out of string, a nice touch I thought),
whatever the other Matt was supposed to be (farmer? Sarah Palin? beauty queen?), a Mardis Gras girl,
and also Wonder Woman, a Puerto Rican mafioso, and several who showed up not in costume, although most of us did.  Here's zombie Matt with the guest of honor Doug- who was totally surprised and a great sport when after arriving Megan told him they had a costume for him to wear the rest of the night.
 After a night of hilarity my pointy witch feet were aching and it was time to go home and help my zombie scrub his face back to normal.
 Happy Halloween blog readers!

2 comments: