Saturday, August 7, 2010

Curb Appeal

You only get one chance to make a good first impression... so this Saturday was spent working on improving our curb appeal. Yard work is grueling hard work, I'm not sure why some people enjoy it. We started by weeding our flower beds, trimming back unruly plants and bushes, and in some cases completely digging out and discarding items that made the beds feel cluttered.

After an early morning trip to Home Depot we returned home with a car full of mulch, some cheerful mums, and two new holly bushes to plant on either side of the steps in place of the plants Matt dug out earlier this week. Here's the finished result:

I think it looks much neater, I really should have taken a before photo of all the overgrown shrubs and plants. Here's a closer view of the first thing potential buyers will see:

Our realtor is coming Tuesday so we'll be spending the rest of the weekend working on getting the inside of the house ready to show. I'll put up some pictures once we're done rearranging our furniture and staging the house.






No comments:

Post a Comment