On Tuesday, Luke turned 15 months old! He also decided March 1, 2016 was a great day for his first steps! Apparently he has been holding out on us. We were at his 15 month check up and the doctor asked me if he was walking. I told her, "Not yet, but close." Then the doctor said that as a precaution she refers non-walkers to get a physical assessment done in case there are any developmental issues. I mentioned again that he seemed really close and then she decided to try something. She picked him up and stood him across the exam room from me and asked me to hold out my arms and call his name. I'll admit, I was thinking there was NO WAY he'd make it across that room having never seen him take more than one clumsy accidental step/fall foward before then. But... he took three, maybe four (not even very wobbly) confident steps across the room to me!
Luke can WALK! Who knew? Maybe the daycare? They haven't mentioned it. I was very excited about this milestone, and eager to show Matt and Kate his new skill, but Luke has gone back to choosing speed crawling and creative climbing techniques as his methods of travel. Silly guy. It's nice to know that he has the muscle and motor skills to be an upright little man, but it's fine if he wants stay my little baby awhile longer, I'm not sure I'm ready for Luke Wheeler- Toddler Edition. Unlike Kate, who would shrink back and pout immediately when told "no!" at this age, Luke doesn't care one bit. Sometimes he even laughs at us, so yeah, we will have to come up with a different parenting technique to get through to him.
![]() |
| Maybe he looks mischievous because he has a secret- he could stroll across the room if he wanted |
Luke's favorite things at 15 months: waffles, his pacifier at night, throwing a ball, climbing, pulling off his socks and shoes, and sticking out his tongue at you
Dislikes: Oatmeal, getting his teeth brushed, vaccines, and watching anyone else eat if they are not sharing it with him
![]() |
| My handsome little fellow |
Seeing Luke walk across the doctor's office to me reminded me how quickly he is growing up and how fast babyhood disappears. I love this little boy and hope he is dreaming things as big for himself as I am:





No comments:
Post a Comment