Friday, October 2, 2015

10 Months


Kate and I often sing to Luke, "You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray," and it couldn't be more true than these past few weeks.  It has been raining for days and with a hurricane off the coast estimated to dump up to another 17 inches this weekend, the governor has already declared us in a state of emergency.  My office at work flooded earlier this week when the rain water had no where else to run except into our building, and the damage to our building is insane.  Working in damp, flooded, moldy conditions hasn't helped the last wave of sickness to hit our house either- I'm in the middle of battling bronchitis, and it's been rough.  I'd say we could use some sunshine, and until it shows up again, my precious little boy's face will luckily do the trick.
 

Ten month old Luke is a squishy 21 pounds, 3 ounces of giggles and curiosity.  He can pull up on furniture and does not like being ignored or left alone.  He makes faces back at us like sticking out his tongue and lights up whenever he sees a familiar face.

My favorite development this past month is that he has started saying Mama.  It is the most wonderful two syllables I have ever heard and instantly melts my heart.  He's been saying Dada for awhile.  He also says "baba" for his bottle (and since I'm on so many different medications right now, bottles is all he's getting, which breaks my heart a little but I'm thankful that I have enough frozen milk to get us through until next week when I can feed him again).


Luke loves to eat, and has been eagerly sampling all kinds of tasty foods this past month.  He hasn't disliked anything yet and I hope this healthy appetite and broad flavor palette sticks around.  He loves salmon, carrots, potatoes, pot roast, avocado, waffles... I could go on and on, because he really has loved everything he's tried.

His sister is still his #1 pal, and they have started really playing together and climbing all over one another in recent weeks.  They both think it's hysterical, even though sometimes it makes this Mama a bit nervous.


Luke had an ear infection last month and was a pitiful, feverish baby for a few days who refused to cooperate during nose wiping or medicine giving.  He is finally back to himself and I'm so thankful to see his cheerful demeanor again.

Sweet boy, I really do mean it when we sing, "you'll never know dear, how much I love you.  Please don't take my Sunshine away!"

Penguin and Luke waving good bye- see you all next month!

1 comment:

  1. He is definitely Mr. Sunshine. Love that beautiful face and smile

    ReplyDelete