Cleaning up and caring for a sick child means there is no way to avoid exposure yourself, and sadly by Sunday, the bug had found two more victims in me and Matt. I don't think we've ever both been sick at the same time and it created quite a parenting challenge. Knowing that it was likely more than a 24 hour virus and that rest and recovery would be impossible while tending to our active toddler, not to mention how dangerous dehydration and a stomach bug could potentially be for me while pregnant, we called in for backup.
God bless John and Peggy. They were traveling all weekend visiting Kentucky, were just down here a week ago, and still didn't hesitate to jump in the car and make the trip again. They arrived Monday armed with a tub of disinfecting wipes and took over feeding, bathing, changing, and entertaining a little wild lady allowing us to get the extra sleep we needed.
![]() |
| What sick parents? Playing with Granddaddy and Grammie and having a blast. |
Even though both my appetite and energy have not fully returned yet, I'm happy to report that we're well on the road to recovery. In hindsight it could have been much worse, and I know we have years of germy battles ahead of us, but hopefully next time we won't both get knocked down at the same time. If we do, I'm extremely grateful for retired grandparents who are willing to come save the day!

Glad we could help!
ReplyDelete