This past weekend we attended our first ever Trunk or Treat event at our church. The concept was completely lost on Kate, she wandered everywhere except towards the friendly people handing out candy, and Matt spent the whole evening chasing her down as I waddled along behind them.
 |
| She stayed in the stroller for about 2 minutes, then she took off running |
I think I've mentioned before on the blog that Kate loves to dance, especially to Doo Wop and Oldies music, so it seemed the perfect costume for her this year was to be a 50's girl. Since I have zero crafting abilities... I don't own a sewing machine, or even a hot glue gun... I enlisted the help of my much more savvy, creative Mother. Oma came through as always using some fabric remnants she had on hand and hot pink ric rac to create an adorable, homemade poodle skirt. Kate was excited to twirl in it, and I was excited that the costume was simple enough that she didn't resist (scream and run from) being put in it. Once we quickly realized that our visit to the Trunk or Treat festivities would be very short lived, I was extra glad that we didn't go with anything more elaborate this year.
 |
| Test run, trying on the skirt Oma made to see if the measurements I sent were correct |
 |
| Ready to go! |
Matt and I dressed up in 50's style too (meaning I had a ponytail with a ribbon that matched Kate's, and he rolled up his jeans), but we failed to get a family photo. Getting a good picture of Kate these days is hard enough, we didn't even try for a group picture.
 |
| Kate did enjoy some of the carnival games set up, probably because those stations weren't as crowded or popular as the overwhelming row of candy filled cars |
 |
| A rare moment when she was sitting still, the cookie might have had something to do with the break in the action |
Kate screamed when we left, which I think meant she was having a ball, but her extreme curiosity and lack of listening or understanding about where she was allowed to roam clearly signaled that it was time to call it a night. Sadly for me, she only managed to collect one piece of candy but I know we have years of practice ahead of us and someday she'll bring home a stash I can steal from!
She looks adorable, yea for Oma's sewing skills. God knew I needed a boy.
ReplyDeleteSorry on the lack of candy, we will bring our extras when we see you in a month.
We noted Kate is sitting forward in a new car seat. Another big step for you all.
We loved the pic from this morning on Instagram.
Have a good evening.