Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Thanksgiving to Remember

Kate meets her great grandmother
Kate had a very special and family filled first Thanksgiving, and while a lot of time was also spent traveling, it was all well worth it to be at Matt's grandmother's farm with the rest of that side of the family for the holiday.

Sitting in their rocking chairs- chatting and laughing together
The youngest and the oldest member of our family

This year marked ten years since my first Thanksgiving with Matt's family, and by now this is as much a tradition for me as it for Matt.  It just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving if we're not at Gran's.  It was great to see everyone and introduce them to Kate.

                          
Kate watches closely to learn the family secrets for making dressing and sweet potatoes

Almost the whole family
Four generations
It was cold but clear and Matt and I went outside each night to look at the stars.  It is incredible how many stars you can see when you're far away from city lights.  I saw several shooting stars and Matt was able to get some cool pictures of the night sky.  It really is a beautiful place and I'm thankful we were able to enjoy another Thanksgiving there.
Stars behind a shed on the farm- brighter than I've ever seen anywhere else

No comments:

Post a Comment