Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nikolaus Tag

Baby's first Christmas season is including all kinds of fun firsts, from putting up the tree to a visit from St. Nick. 

We put up our tree last weekend and took the necessary measures (a baby gate) to ensure that no ornaments are eaten by our child and our tree doesn't get pulled over.  Kate was very curious as the tree was trimmed, inspecting and advising on our technique:

"Dad, you missed a spot, a little more to the right please."
She loves the sparkly lights and peeking over the gate at it, and I must admit, I do too.  There's something so cozy about a lit up Christmas tree at night, even if it has been 80 degrees here this past week.

Ohhhh.... it's so pretty!
Kate is still too small to enjoy all the great classic holiday movies this time of year, but she loves Christmas music and Christmas books.

Twas the Night Before Christmas- with recording narrated by Grammie!
Curious George, Curious About Christmas- a big favorite around our house right now
Per the European tradition (and based on my childhood memories, the right time for St. Nikolaus to bring gifts) is the eve of December 5th.  Kate's stocking was overflowing, it's almost as big as her this year.  St. Nick brought Kate some new socks and an assortment of hairbands.  Her hair has gotten even more unruly lately and I'm hoping one day she will stop wiggling and screaming long enough for me to fix it.

A stocking full of .... stockings?!

Kate it could be worse, St. Nick used to bring me nuts and fruit.  Socks would've been a welcome change.

What else is inside this thing?
Kate also gave us something for St. Nick's Day, an adorable ornament she made at daycare with her little hand print on it!
Best ornament on our tree
She's been making all kinds of cute Christmas crafts at daycare, most of her artwork is on display there but it will come home one day and decorate our home year after year.  I love this time of year, and I love that there's a sweet baby girl under our tree this year.

Sneaking a peek





2 comments:

  1. EEEK! She is TOO CUTE! Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, but Christmas with kids is absolutely magical! Enjoy this sweet season together! (Also, St. Nick comes to our house on the night of the 5th in time to celebrate St. Nick's feast day on the 6th. I didn't know until I went to college that the rest of the world didn't do that, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tree and that cute little girl!!

    ReplyDelete