Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013


12-28-2013 Ending the year with a family hike at Harbison State Forest

It's hard to know where to start to recap the best year of my life.  I guess if I had to choose one word to describe 2013 it would be "family".  I have a little family of my own now and we spent this past year learning, growing, surviving, and loving each other more each day.  There were ups, (Kate's laughs) and downs, (Kate's screams) and every emotion in between.  I discovered what it means to be a mother, a role that continues to evolve daily and stretch me to physical, mental, and emotional limits I never realized possible.


We may not live in the same state as any of Kate's extended family, but 2013 was also the "year of family" because of how often we were able to see our families!  We took road trips in July, September, October, November, and December to visit our family and luckily our house was overflowing with visitors all year long as well.

Here are just a few (seriously, I could have posted a hundred more) snapshots of the many wonderful memories of family this past year...




It has been a whirlwind of a year, but at the same time it feels like 2012 and life before Kate was ages ago.  Thank you friends and family near and far who come to the blog to see how we're doing and have followed along with the Three Wheelers this year.  I love you all and I appreciate you caring about us and watching Kate grow up from wherever you are.  From our family to yours, I wish you all the best of 2014!

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment