Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankful, Thankful, Thankful

This post could go on for days, there is so much I am thankful for, especially in this past year.  It is humbling and overwhelming to realize how many blessings I have in my life that I don't deserve.  Being a Mom has changed my perspective on some of the things I've always been thankful for by providing new ways to look at existing blessings.  For example, I've always been thankful for my parents, but now that I am beginning to understand just how much they did for me as a child, my gratitude has grown.  I've always been thankful for my job, but now I'm thankful for new aspects of it like that the hours are consistent so we have family time and the stress is low so I don't bring my work home with me.  I've always been thankful for my health, but now that I need my energy and strength to keep up with an adventurous little girl I'm more thankful than ever for a body that can do it.  I've always been thankful for my husband, but now that he happily shares half of all the parenting duties with me, I'm beyond grateful that he is always helping and supporting me.  As I've already said, I could go on and on...  It has been a year full of blessings around here and I hope that it has been for you, my dear readers, as well.

I am very excited about spending this coming week introducing Kate to more of her extended family, add it to the list of things I'm thankful for.  Happy Thanksgiving from our little turkey!



3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for a son, his wife and an adorable granddaughter. I am so excited that my bunch is going to meet the sweetest baby girl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! And the shirt looks great!! Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm thankful for friends like you, and technology that allows us to keep in touch in many ways :-)

    ReplyDelete