Tuesday, November 12, 2013

10 Months


Double-digits here we come!   Baby Kate is ten months old today and continues to be more fun with each day that passes as her personality develops.

New skills in the last month: waving, clapping her hands, handing an object to us on purpose, responding to simple commands like "stop" or "no," crawling down a stair instead of just tumbling down it, and standing freely for longer periods of time.

Still waiting for: first steps, first word associations, top teeth, and sleeping in on Saturday mornings

Favorites:  drooling, flapping her arms along to music like she's a conductor, sucking her thumb, reading Goodnight Moon before bed with her Daddy, pulling books off our bookshelf, crawling in closets, rattling locked cabinet doors, laughing hysterically at behind the couch peek-a-boo games, and absolutely anything that has to do with her Mama
"I'd rather stand and try to climb into the chair myself than be placed it."
Dislikes: diaper changes with a fiery passion that involve ear piercing screeches, impressive contortionist maneuvers, and daredevil attempts to plunge off the changing table nude


There have been times this month when I've tearfully looked at my baby and seen glimpses of a little girl instead.  She has a stubborn streak and already tries to assert her opinions and tests us to see if we mean it when we tell her no.  Sometimes she plays quietly and happily by herself with her toys like a big kid.  On the other hand, there were times this past month, like this past weekend when she wasn't feeling well, when she burrowed her little head against my shoulder and was still my tiny baby.  She has formed quite an attachment lately to me, which is very sweet, but also annoying when she throws a fit if I put her down or leave the room.  I don't like the clingy aspect of this phase, but I do love the bond we have with each other right now.  I'm happiest these days whenever I get to see her too, so I understand.  It is going by fast and I wish I could slow it all down, but since I can't wait to see what Kate will do next I guess it's a good thing that before you know it I'll be posting another monthly update!


2 comments:

  1. Another sweet photo shoot. She is so sweet. We loved hearing her last night while we were talking with Matt.
    We are so excited about the holidays. It will be so much fun to have a little one in the house on Christmas.
    Give that sweet baby girl a hug and kiss for me on her 10 month birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping in on Saturdays...HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete