Eight years ago, on a lovely sunny day in Lexington, Kentucky, I married my favorite person.
![]() |
| Sharing the first of many, many laughs in our married life |
Thus began a fun adventure that continues to get better each year. Our eighth year of marriage has been the hardest but the best year yet thanks to the joys and challenges that have come along with parenthood. I can't even begin to explain how supportive, helpful, encouraging, selfless, attentive, and amazing Matt has been this year. From big things like demanding I get a good night's sleep away from the baby in the bonus room while he takes on the scream fits solo, to small everyday things like always asking me if I need anything and then fetching water, snacks, chapstick, my phone, etc. while I'm tied down nursing. He is always there for me and Kate, and goes above and beyond to make sure we are comfortable and happy.
| 2005 |
| 2006 |
| 2007 |
| 2008 |
| 2009 |
| 2010 |
| 2011 |
| 2012 |
![]() |
| 2013 |
And now, my annual anniversary blog tradition (see year 5, 6, 7)... a short poem dedicated to my love.
You are thoughtful, you are great,
Here we are celebrating the big eight.
It's how many banners UK has hanging (for now),
It's the number of years since we made that vow.
We've changed jobs, homes, and states too,
But one thing I'd never want to change is you.
You are the one I'm lucky enough to call mine,
And I'm so happy to start on year nine.


Girl, you did it again, you made me cry.
ReplyDeleteWhen you have a child you just want them to be happy forever.
What a blessing your love for each other is and Kate is an affirmation of that.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy anniversary! I love your poems :)
ReplyDelete