Sunday, May 5, 2013

Kentucky Derby


We may be South Carolinians now, but we still like to party for the Kentucky Derby so we dug out our silly hats and watched the 139th run for the roses at the Bitters' home.

Laing and Kate both opted for stylish knit caps with oversized flowers on the side.  Getting two little ones to pose for a picture was impossible and hilarious at the same time, Kate crashed into Laing and fell over more than once.  None of our horses won but luckily no money was lost. Adam grilled delicious bourbon burgers and Sarah made a peach cobbler that we raved about all the way home.  From the day I found out I was having a little girl I was looking forward to dressing her up, this weekend was another perfect opportunity to do just that!


3 comments:

  1. I love that Matt still has that hat!! Looks like fun - wish we could have joined you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt's hat looks waaay better on Kate. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete