What a special first Mother's Day weekend it was for me!
Let's back up to the beginning of the weekend, Friday afternoon unfortunately began with a quick visit to the pediatrician's office to confirm that Kate has her first ear infection. My parents were coming down for the weekend and arrived shortly after we returned from the doctor's and pharmacy. Little did I know that Claudia had secretly been in cahoots with Matt to surprise me as well! I was shocked and giddy with excitement that she was able to come along with our parents. Kate decided to seize the opportunity of having so many arms to nap in, and slept soundly on everyone over the next two days.
We went downtown to the Riverwalk on Saturday morning and took turns pushing everyone's favorite little family member along the scenic paths.
 |
| Grinning at Oma as she proudly pushes along her grandbaby |
 |
| Aunt Claudia takes the stroller for a spin under the Spanish moss |
 |
| Kate checks out Oma and Opa |
Saturday afternoon was lazy and included naps in the hammock and a few Mother's Day surprises.
 |
| The Mack girls |
Claudia and I took Mom to a nursery to pick out a rose bush that she could plant at home to remember this weekend. When we were kids one year our Oma (my mother's mom) came to the States for Mother's Day and we planted a rose bush that year. Every year after that when they bloomed it was noted that Oma's roses were out, and now my Mom will say that Kate's roses are out at her house.
 |
| Pink in honor of her granddaughter |
For my first Mother's Day, Matt gave me a beautiful pair of garnet earrings and necklace, Kate's birthstone. As usual, he did an amazing job picking out jewelry without any input from me, both pieces are stunning and will be extra special to give to Kate someday since they are her birthstone and to tell her I got them on my first Mother's Day in honor of her.
 |
| Yay! My Aunt Claudia is here to play! She's my favorite aunt! |
 |
| Hammock time with Opa |
When my parents first planned their trip weeks ago we didn't know that it would also be a very special morning at church too, it ended up being Baby Dedication Day and we were excited to stand up and promise to raise our baby under God's authority and have our church family pray blessings over us. It was also a great excuse to dress up our girl.
 |
| My sweet family of three |
 |
| Praying for wisdom as we raise Kate |
Kate was perfect during the ceremony and I'm so glad that my family happened to be in town to witness this memorable occasion.
 |
| Mom and her girls, a special Mother's Day reunion for us all |
 |
| Smiles for Aunite before she hits the road again |
It's hard living far away from family, but I feel like we've seen them a good bit these past four months of Kate's life and we already have summer plans to see everyone again (including Stephen and Charlotte, they were missed this weekend). Like I mentioned in today's earlier post about her turning four months, Kate is a delight to be around during this stage, constantly grinning and cooing at anyone who wants to smile back at her. Up next, a beach trip in two weeks with the other wonderful Mom in our lives, and I think after a weekend of constant snuggling from grandparents this little lady is ready to repeat the fun with her other set of grandparents.
 |
| The weather is hot, my outfit is tropical, and I've got my towel... let summer begin! |
My first Mother's Day was one I will never forget, I'm still amazed every time I look at this beautiful baby girl that I get to be her Mama. Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there, I finally understand what it's like to love someone unconditionally and am in awe of all the wonderful women I know who do it so well.
Indeed it was a very special first Mother's Day. Kate is one blessed little girl to have a Mama that is such a wonderful woman.
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics and can hardly wait to hold that sweet baby girl.