Monday, October 29, 2012
Week 30
How far along: 30 weeks, 3/4 of the way done!
Best moment this week: A mini vacation at Folly Beach with my parents this weekend. I'll put up a separate post about it soon.
What's new with baby: She weighs approximately 3 pounds (and will continue packing on half a pound or so each week from here on out) and because it will be Halloween during my 30th week of pregnancy I'm going to say that's about the size of a small pumpkin. Her brain and eyesight continue to develop this week and she can now regulate her own body temperature. Sunday was one of her most active days yet, I was watching TV most of the afternoon and she was moving nonstop. She's started doing this thing where she curls up into a tight ball (the fetal position, how appropriate) and I can feel a very dense mass on one side or the other where she has burrowed herself against me. One thing is certain, she's going to be a super snuggler, and we can't wait to reciprocate.
Mom is feeling: Like a whale. I even speak whale when I try to get off the couch. It doesn't help that people have no sense of what's polite to say to a woman in regards to her weight. Listen up blog readers, I feel there are only two statements you can safely make to a pregnant women. 1.) Congratulations. or 2.) You look great. However in the past week I have been told all of the following: 1.)You look puffy. (I wish I would've had the quick wit to respond, "please, they call me Diddy now" but I was too shocked by the use of the word "puffy" to come back with anything except, "That's a terrible word to describe someone.") 2.) You look like you're about to pop. (Thanks. What will you say when I'm 2 more months and 10 more pounds?) 3.) Wow! You look really big today. (Umm... I'm pregnant.) None of these help my self esteem, but luckily I know that people are stupid and I love my baby bump because behind it is our sweet baby. Other than the burdens that accompany my increased size, I continue to feel really good.
Weight gain: 19 pounds
Wardrobe: Leggings and baggy t-shirts on the weekends (is it 1989 again?!), maternity shirts with my normal cardigans unbuttoned to work with a skirt or maternity pants and flip flops.
Cravings: Ice cream sounds really good right now.
Missing: Being cold. Not that I like being cold, but fall temperatures are here and instead of wanting to put on cozy fleece slippers and drink cocoa under a blanket on the couch curled up against my hubby... I want to turn the ceiling fan on and drink some ice water. I love this time of year, but I'm so hot natured right now that I miss being able to enjoy sitting by a fire or even wearing a sweatshirt.
Scared about: The things that could go wrong. Our prayers this week are going out to Matt's cousin Amy who is only 24 weeks pregnant and on bed rest at risk for preterm labor. I continue to worry at times that our own little girl is safe and will make a safe entry into the world (although I'm more worried for Baby Girl Klinefelter right now and Amy going stir crazy.)
Excited about: I'm starting weekly prenatal yoga classes this Saturday and am looking forward to all the "relief from aches and pains" the flier advertised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you're starting yoga - seriously a lifesaver. People have no sense nor filters when making comments to pregnant women. Unfortunately, it will probably only get worse, but I think you look great!! (and small, even!!!)
ReplyDeleteYou are beautiful as always. People do seem to think that they can comment to pregnant women and it is okay.
ReplyDeleteI talked to Amy yesterday and she sounds great. As of now the contractions have stopped. They are naming the baby Ann Logan.
Hope the yoga classes help with the aches and pains. I have heard that yoga can be very relaxing. Of course you will get relaxed and LBGW will get very active. That is such an amazing feeling isn't it. One of the best parts of pregnancy.
Give her a hug and Matt too.
Well, you look tiny and beautiful to me! And I'm not just saying that...:) I thought that when I first saw the picture before I even read the post! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the nursery pictures!