One of the rooms they couldn't wait to see was the nursery. It's not quite finished which is why I haven't posted any official room reveal photos yet, but you can catch a sneak peek below and I promise there's a whole post with lots of pictures coming once it's ready to show off.
They left after church on Sunday morning to spend a week of sunny days and 80 degree weather at the coast and on Friday we joined them. First up on our agenda was a no brainer from the moment my Mom had told me they rented a townhouse at Folly Beach: a visit to Taco Boy. Their rental was walking distance from the pier and main strip on Folly and we walked on the pier before indulging in tasty tacos.| Heading out for lunch... I wish I was as tan as Dad! Pretty obvious which one of us spent the week in the sun. |
Mom was glad to see the new pier was more childsafe than the one we used to come to and I won't have to worry about my child falling into the sea the way she did.
|
![]() |
| Why are we smiling? Because Taco Boy is muy delicioso and we have lots of great memories there. |
| New on the menu- Swordfish Taco! Next time I'll be allowed to try that mercury high fish too! |
Once we had stuffed ourselves with guacamole, mahi mahi, shrimp, and DANGER sauce (not me, just Matt and Dad- I prefer not to burn my taste buds off) we drove into Charleston to spend the afternoon wandering along King Street doing some window shopping, people watching, and soaking up the sunshine.
Saturday...a storm system named Sandy was passing along the South Carolina shoreline dumping lots of rain and ruining any plans of another day in the sun. We had a fun day regardless of the weather and spent it reading, napping, and working on a puzzle.
![]() |
| I know it looks like we're concentrating hard, but we spent a lot of time laughing too |

![]() |
| My raincoat barely zipped. Next time we go to the beach that Beach Ball Bump will be on the outside, probably trying to eat sand. |
Saturday night we ventured out to a restaurant ("dive" might be a more appropriate word to use) called the Sandbar on Folly, primarily because it was within walking distance from the townhouse. The decor needed a serious makeover, but the seafood was fresh and the view of the sunset over the marsh was stunning and we almost forgot that our waitress was dressed in full Halloween wench garb. One of the best things about living 2 hours from the beach is definitely how easily we can crash other people's vacations for a night or two and get in a quick getaway. We've had two mini vacations in the last two months thanks to our families picking vacation spots conveniently located near Charleston. Let's keep up this tradition!






I've been so looking forward to this blog!! Love that you got another little 'babymoon' in before the holidays. You look so cute in the nursery with your mom!! And doing a puzzle together - aah, beach times. Can't wait for Coon Pit 2013 with all three GIRLS!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that the weather didn't stop your trip to Folly and your parent's vaca.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Love the one of you and Matt at Taco Boy. I need a copy of that one.
Every time I read your blog I get more excited about the arrival of LBGW. This is going to be so much fun.
Give your two loves hugs and kisses for me.