Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Week 28


How far along: 28 weeks... welcome to the third trimester!

Best moment this week: Do I really need to answer this?  I would have thought my last entry about my fabulous baby shower in Kentucky makes it quite obvious.  The party and entire trip will be one of my favorite pregnancy memories.

What's new with baby:  She is cabbage sized, about 2.25 pounds and 14.8 inches long.  She can blink her eyes, which now have lashes and respond to light.  She is an active little thing, we love watching and feeling her kick and move especially at night.  Baby gymnastics usually start around 5:00 a.m. and she is perfecting her tumbling routine.

Mom is feeling: Happy.  Everything at my appointment this morning was good (my blood pressure, weight gain, iron level, baby's heartbeat, etc.) and I find out the results of my glucose test tomorrow.  I've been sleeping great the past few days, probably because I've been so busy with work and traveling that I sleep quite soundly.  I still get occasional leg cramps or twinges of pain in my lower back, like a pinched nerve, but overall I feel great and more excited everyday that we get closer to meeting our daughter.

Weight gain: Up 16 pounds.

Wardrobe: The weather has gotten cooler in the mornings and night, but being pregnant has made me warm and toasty all the time so all of my short sleeve and summer maternity clothes are still great.

Cravings: I think baby is a cookie monster, just like her Mama.

Missing: Moving around like a normal person.  Getting out of bed, or off the couch is much harder than it used to be.

Scared about:  Labor.  I know I still have 3 months, but my midwife today was already asking me if I had thought about my birth plan, toured the facility, taken a class, etc. so it's starting to sink in that one way or another, this little lady is going to need to get out in a few months.

Excited about: We finally decided on the perfect chair for the nursery and it is being delivered today!  As with all the decisions so far, we spent a lot of time testing out chairs all over the city since I will be spending a lot of time nursing and rocking our baby in it.  I can't wait to see it in her room and I'll be sharing pictures soon!

6 comments:

  1. It was so wonderful seeing you and Matt on Sat. I have to say I didn't fare well on the
    "Matt" quiz. Guess Matt is more like me than I would like to admit when it comes to homework.
    Glad you are sleeping better, good sleep sure helps the you make it through the day.
    You look great. I am so excited for you and Matt.
    Enjoy your weekend at home with no travel involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pics of the glider! Will it get its own blog entry! SO glad you are sleeping better - and that all your stats are great. I remember with our classes they wanted us to be finished with them by 36 weeks so if bebe came early we'd be all set - look forward to hearing about your plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen. The Chair. I can't even tell you how emotionally attached I am to our glider. We did NOT splurge on ours, we got the cheapest one available that still wouldn't fall apart, and buddy, I rocked the HECK out of it. It's not pretty or stylish, but now it's the most important piece of furniture in my house. I will never, EVER part with it. If it ever breaks or falls apart, I will DIE. You were smart to do some research and buy one you LOVE!

    It was so great to see you, and meet Claudia and your Mom and Matt's mom! I'm so glad I was invited!

    As for the birth, don't freak out (HAA!! That's hilarious, isn't it? I should know better than to say that to a pregnant lady). That's girl's coming whether you like it or not. I hope you like it, but if you don't, that's okay. The real fun starts the minute AFTER she's born. I think I read somewhere that the birth is just the curtain rising on the greatest show of your life!

    I'm so excited for you. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always the voice of reason, Rachael - we haven't even TOLD her about the 4th Trimester!!

      Delete
    2. You all might have spared me details about the "4th trimester", but the books and others haven't... luckily I've got you all to turn to for support and reassurance when I reach that stage!

      Delete