Monday, October 22, 2012

Week 29



How far along: 29 weeks... a little over two months left to go!

Best moment this week:  There's a lot of great moments to pick from this week! I passed my glucose test, the glider arrived and is perfect, the nursery is almost finished, and my parents came to visit this weekend.

What's new with baby: Just in time for fall, our little one is now the size of a seasonably appropriate butternut squash (2.5 pounds and approximately 15 inches long).  Her head is getting bigger this week to make room for her growing brain and her skull is growing stronger.  Actually, her entire skeleton is hardening so I've upped the milk and yogurt in my diet to help supply her with the 250 mg of calcium that are deposited directly into her bones each day.  She kicks all the time and I love it, even when it sometimes surprises me and makes me yelp.  She gave her Oma a few "hello!" kicks Saturday night right on cue which was a special moment for the three of us.  She's still the most active when I go to bed and loves playing with her Daddy chasing his hand around on my belly.  The more she actively responds to us the more clear it becomes that she's already got her own little mind, agenda, and personality.

Mom is feeling:  Huge!  I know I will probably laugh at that in a few weeks when I'm much bigger, but seriously, I keep getting rounder and rounder.  Luckily the rest of me still looks the same, from the back I'm told you can't even tell I'm pregnant, but there's no question things are protruding more each day in the front.

Weight gain: 17-18 pounds

Wardrobe:  One by one the non-maternity tops that were still roomy enough are no longer working for me and I've switched over to maternity clothing exclusively.  However, my pumpkin pajama pants have an elastic waistband and I can still wear them this season.  It's the little things that make me still feel like myself.

Cravings: Sleep!  A new wave of fatigue has hit me, I feel like I could go to bed as soon as I get home in the evenings.

Missing:  Speed.  I am such a slow poke lugging around this beach ball of a belly.  I miss the days when a quick dash up the stairs to grab something I forgot was actually a quick dash up the stairs.

Scared about: I'm not really scared as much as I'm curious lately about how all the unknowns will play out.  Like when and how she'll be born, if she's healthy, what kind of temperament she will have, what our life will look like 3, 6, 9, months from now and beyond.  I just find myself thinking and wondering about her all the time and there are so many blanks I can't fill in yet!

Excited about:  A weekend at the beach with my parents, with a meal at Taco Boy.  Oh yum!

1 comment:

  1. You are looking great. I love the thought of you and Matt having a baby and being oh so excited.
    I went to Baby's R Us today to buy a baby gift for Beth C. Gray. I was good just bought for her but I did get a rewards card. That could scary for John.
    Stay well. Give Matt and LBGW a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete