Saturday, April 21, 2012

Myrtle Beach

I spent the last two days at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach.  Before you get too jealous, I should quickly mention that I spent the majority of those two days sitting in a confernce room learning about healthcare reform, Davis Bacon laws, NLRB regulations, EEOC rules, and ADA claims.  Not exactly the most exciting topics (especially because I didn't know what some of those acronyms stood for before this week - National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Americans with Disabilities Act- in case you, like me, aren't HR savvy).  I did learn a lot, and it was nice to be out of the office for two days, but sort of mean to be somewhere so nice and not really get to enjoy it.
Our hotel
I was sharing a two bedroom suite with two co-workers, Lawanda and Pat, and we couldn't believe how fancy it was.  I don't think it should have been called a "suite," it felt more like a condo.  It had a full kitchen, fireplace, washer/dryer, two showers, and a giant tub.
Our kitchen

Living room- complete with a chaise lounge, the standard for luxury

Master bedroom

View of the marina from our balcony
 Sadly, there was not much down time for relaxing in our swanky suite.  We did enjoy some ocean front seafood dining at the Sea Captain's House on Thursday night.
The gang, stuffed full of hush puppies at this point
Lawanda and I drove down together, and we couldn't pass up the opportunity for some outlet mall shopping before we headed back to Columbia.  I found some capris and a cute top each for 50% off at the Loft and we definitely had a few laughs thinking about those who were back at the office while we were strolling through the Tanger outlets on a sunny Friday afternoon.  It was a good trip, but I'm sure lots of work is waiting for me Monday after being out a few days, so I'm glad I have a weekend to rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment