Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011

Happy new year!  I know I am a week late, but I started the year off sick, and after more than one trip to the doctor and two different antibiotics, I am finally back to my old self!  As you all know, 2011 was a big year for us as our first full year as South Carolina residents.  I think what stands out most looking back on it was how many visitors we had!  The biggest drawback to moving was how far we'd be from the people who mean the most to us, but actually we saw a lot of them in 2011!  Thanks to all our friends and family who made the trip to come see where we ended up!  I looked back through the calendar to come up with some stats on how we spent our weekends last year:

# of weekends we had visitors: 13
# of weekends we were out of town: 13
# of times we went to the beach: 3
# of trips back to KY: 5
# of trips to Charlotte: 4

Who showed up in South Carolina (in order of appearance): My parents, Claudia, Charlotte, Liz, Pete & Laura, Adam & Sarah, Patrick & Jessica, Matt's parents, Donna & Bobby, Hope, Eli, Brody, Gran, Carol, and Ellie.  Several of those liked us so much they came back more than once this year!

Here are the month to month highlights of a great year...

in JANUARY we welcomed 2011 with my family and showed SC our KY pride during a bowl game flop:


in FEBRUARY I was busy learning the ropes at my new job and took a quick weekend trip back to the Bluegrass State:

in MARCH our beloved Cats made it to the Final Four:
 in APRIL Matt's parents brought Gran to SC and we gave our master bathroom a wallpaper free facelift:

 in MAY Claudia got engaged and I couldn't resist a quick trip home to go wedding dress shopping with her:
 in JUNE we painted our bedroom and finally bought some furniture for it:
in JULY we had the best beach day ever with Pete, Laura, and their sweet baby girl Ellie:
in AUGUST we said goodbye to the pansy problem in our kitchen:


in SEPTEMBER I went to my 10 year high school reunion:
in OCTOBER I got a brother and we spent a day at Wild Dunes with Peggy and John:

in NOVEMBER I made a turkey feast: 
in DECEMBER Santa came to South Carolina and we had holiday fun with both of our families.
 

These were just a few of the highlights of the year, the crazy thing is that I had a hard time narrowing it down to just one or two things each month, that's how blessed we have been this year when it comes to memorable moments.  I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us, and wish all of you the best for the new year as well!

1 comment: