Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Latest TV Addiction

If you were involved in some kind of foreign espionage, covert operation, or just running from any bad guy- who would you want on your team?  Who do you think is the best fictional spy? (Well, I guess it doesn't have to be a fictional spy, maybe you know a real spy... in which case I don't think they qualify as being the "best" spy since they have obviously blown their cover with you.)  Anyways, who is your favorite?

Jason Bourne?
 A version of James Bond?
 Jack Bauer?
If you had asked me a month ago I would have picked Jack.  He has saved the world season after season of 24 and did it all without naps, lunch, or bathroom breaks.  However, I have recently found a new favorite spy... Michael Westen.
Matt and I are currently watching Burn Notice (seasons 1-4 are available on Netflix for instant viewing) and it's great.  Don't have anything except some aluminum foil, a shoelace, and a half eaten sandwich?  Don't worry, Michael will turn it into a bomb.   He is faster, smarter, and stronger than any mobster, gangster, or terrorist he comes up against.  Whenever he grins at Fiona my heart melts (why can't those two work things out?  Probably because they're spies, it's hard to trust someone who lies for a living).
If you haven't watched it and want a new hero, I recommend it.  Be warned though- it will make your own life seem horribly boring.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you've found Burn Notice!! Pete and I have watched it since the beginning - this season just ended and the finale was a doozy. Enjoy the rest of your netflix-ed episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and doesn't it make you feel like if you ate more yogurt maybe you could be more spy-like?!?

    ReplyDelete