It is time for my favorite holiday of the year! This weekend my parents are in town stopping through for a visit after their vacation in Florida last week and I'm making a mini Thanksgiving feast for us! As I type this, Hank (our turkey- I hope someone out there picked up on the New Girl reference, because that show is hilarious) is already rubbed down with spices and nestled in my crock pot. I went for the crock pot turkey breast route because I need to free up my oven for sweet potatoes and green bean casserole. Yesterday afternoon I made our dessert, a pumpkin pecan cake roll:
Doesn't it look pretty!? I found the recipe here and together with Mom's help it was surprisingly simple. The only complication was that it smelled so tasty (nutmeg + cinnamon + pumpkin = mouth watering kitchen aromas) we decided we couldn't wait until tonight to eat it after our Thanksgiving. So we served up some slices early:Oh, did I forget to mention the cream cheese filling? De-licious! We ate half the roll!
Today I am wearing my Thanksgiving socks, I wait for this moment all year long because I love my festive socks.
Claudia and Stephen, I wish you all were here to celebrate Mack Family Thanksgiving with us, maybe next year. I'll try to get some pictures of my first Thanksgiving feast before we devour it tonight and post an update tomorrow. Good food and time spent with the people you love- this really is the best time of the year!




looks delish! can't wait to hear about the whole meal :)
ReplyDelete