Sunday, November 6, 2011

Anniversary Recap

We had a great anniversary weekend.  First, here's a picture of my new bangs:
They will take some getting used to, it's been a long time since I had bangs and they require some maintenance in the morning to keep them flat and laying the right way.  It's also a lot shorter, but still long enough to pull back, which is important to me for the days when I don't want to deal with it.  Here I am about to go out for our anniversary dinner on Friday night, note the pretty new onyx and pearl necklace and onyx earrings which Matt gave me this year. 
We went to Libby's, a cute local place known for their organic, regional menu with tasty specials depending on what is fresh and available.  I had the daily special, a walnut crusted flounder which was delicious!  Yesterday was a perfect fall day, kind of like our wedding day was six years ago, and we decided to take advantage of the great weather and go hiking at Congaree National Park.  We got there around lunchtime, here I am fueling up before the adventure- is there any better lunch than a Jimmy John's sandwich in the trunk of your car? I think not.
We decided to do the Oak Ridge trail, it was 7.5 miles.  I'm holding up six fingers to remind us that it's our six year anniversary because I'm a dork.  Matt then lovingly reminded me that the picture will be date stamped on our computer making it obvious that it was taken on 11-05-11, but this seemed like more fun at the time.
The leaves were changing and it was really pretty.  I was fascinated by all the cypress roots, the grow up out of the ground and look like little dwarf hats.  My goal was to find a pointy root protrusion that was taller than me.  You can see all the pointy roots in this pic, like an army of forest gnomes:
 I found one that had me beat! I'm in awe!
The hike took all afternoon, and yes, I stopped Matt at 3:30 and kissed him because that's what time I walked down the aisle.  We were tired by the time we got back home and had some chili in front of the TV while watching football for dinner.  It was a perfect day spent together, remembering why we got married in the first place- because we have so much fun when we're together!

1 comment: