With my sister's wedding two and a half months away, you can imagine that all I talk about with my family these days are the details about the upcoming event. However, I wouldn't want to spoil any of the plans before her wedding by blogging about them here, so instead I thought I'd take a look back at my own wedding. Here's a recap and some fun facts about my wedding!
When: November 5, 2005
Where: Southland Christian Church

Sermon excerpt taken from
: Letters & Papers from Prison by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Farthest traveled guests in attendance: My German family! I still can't believe my cousins Carina, Julia, and Katharina along with my aunts Margit, Maria, Ursula, and uncles Gerhard and Winfried made the trip!

Youngest guest: Matt's cousin Gunnar

Trivia sidenote- two fetuses were also at our wedding, John Ryder Bingham and James David Acuff, both born in 2006
Only grandparent in attendance: Gran

Who got choked up: Our moms

First dance:
Nothing Fancy by Dave Barnes

Trivia sidenote- the dance was my least favorite part of the day... everyone staring at us like they were waiting for us to break out some awesome moves, which we didn't have.
Father/Bride and Mother/Groom dance:
What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

Toast: Pete quotes
March of the Penguins. Nice!

Trivia sidenote- the champagne flutes we used for our toast were the same ones Matt's grandparents used at their 50th wedding anniversary.
Guest of honor: Edith, my adopted grandmother. Even though both of my grandmother's were still living in 2005, neither was able to make the transatlantic trip to my wedding. Growing up Edith was always a surrogate grandparent to Claudia and me, and since she knew both of my real Omas she was the perfect stand in to represent them.

Who caught the bouquet: Matt's cousin Sarah

Trivia sidenote- Sarah was not the next one to get married. She was only 12. This makes me feel old because she's starting college next month and sometimes I really do feel like this all just happened yesterday.
Cake flavor: Chocolate chip with buttercream frosting

It was a great day- perfect weather, delicious food, all the people who mean the most to us celebrating with us made it worth all the hard work and planning to make it happen. I can't wait to share Claudia's wedding recap, October will be here before we know it, and I know hers will be a wonderful wedding too. Hope you enjoyed the look back, it was fun for me to reminisce especially because so much of that day was a blur!
What a fun day that was!! You didn't mention the weather - it was SUPER warm for November - and didn't we stuff your car with balloons? I mean, didn't someone sneaky and not at all me and Pete stuff your car with balloons?
ReplyDelete