Sunday, July 3, 2011

Front porch makeover

Just in time for the summer flag waving holidays (Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day) we gave our front porch a mini makeover at the beginning of the season. Here's how it looked before we installed the flag pole holder and bought some hanging baskets:
And here's how it looks now after our quick update with ferns and Old Glory:
To me, the ferns are the perfect southern front porch accessory. Let's hope that I remember to water them from time to time or else they won't survive this hot South Carolina summer.I'm spending the long holiday weekend being lazy, grilling out, riding bikes, and reading in the shade on the patio. Here we were last year on the fourth of July on our old front porch... just a few weeks before Matt got the job offer and this whole crazy adventure began:
A lot can happen in a year! I hope everyone out there has a great Fourth of July weekend, God bless America!

1 comment:

  1. I love front porches,ferns, and Old Glory. It is most definitely a sourthen thing. Now you can hang your UK flag as well.
    Glad you are enjoying your quiet 4th. It is nice to be at home on long weekends.
    How is Claudia and Stephens's wedding plans progressing?
    Have a safe 4th. Hope Columbia/Lexington puts on good fireworks.

    ReplyDelete