Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Bedroom Furniture

You might remember a few months ago when I mentioned that we painted our bedroom as part of our master suite update. I was waiting until the room was finished before I posted pictures, and there's still several finishing touches I want to do, (new bedding, lamps, pictures on the walls, etc.) but our furniture arrived today and I'm too excited not to share our new look! First, let's take a moment to look back on what we started with:


White, bare walls, and a hodgepodge of furniture leftover from our childhood and other assorted hand-me-down pieces. In fact, I was so embarassed of our uncoordinated room that I guess I didn't even get a good "before" picture of how bad it was, you can't even see the mismatched nightstands and dressers in the photo above. That's all in the past now, after 5.5 years of marriage we've upgraded...
Introducing our new bedroom set and freshly painted bedroom retreat! Here's the view from the bathroom into the room: Here is an angle that shows both of our closets and the open entry to the new bathroom:
Since I seem to have taken a picture from every corner of the room, here's the last view:
Our new nightstands:

Matt's new dresser:My new dresser: Close-up of our lovely paneled headboard:
The room is really big and bright so even though we went with dark furniture the room doesn't lose its open, airy feel. Also, without even meaning to, the dark brown coordinates nicely with the brown tiles and rug in our bathroom. It's always hard to envision what new furniture will look like in your home, but after going to every furniture store in the city I know we found the perfect set.
I'm looking forward to completing it with some fun details, I'm still on the hunt for a new duvet cover to bring some more soft colors into the room. In the meantime, I think I'll spend the weekend napping in my beautiful new bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. ooh! I LURV it!! - can't wait to see it in person in just 5 DAYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Jen! You all did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete