Our trip this past holiday weekend to our Mack Family Reunion was great! I know a lot of my readers also read Claudia's blog, so this recap is a bit redundant, but I had to share some of the same pictures again since we managed to capture some of the lazy, summer spirit of our relaxing time with family.
The real star of the weekend was my parent's patio and backyard, we spent most of our time outside enjoying the low humidity, pleasant temperatures, bright flowers, cool sprinkler, and tasty treats. My perfect niece Hannah keeps getting cuter and Kate spent the whole weekend giving her kisses. Here is an overload of images from our visit...
 |
| Decorating the patio |
 |
| Decorating our toes in red, blue, and sparkly polish |
 |
| Chasing Charlotte |
 |
| Chatting with sweet Hannah |
 |
| Just lounging about lazily with my favorite little boy |
 |
| Grandparents gazing at their granddaughters relaxing on the lawn |
On Saturday I think everyone had on their swimsuit at one point to take part in the beach ball sprinkler and splash pad festivities. I continue to love watching my parents excel in their role as grandparents by letting their own inner kid out too.
 |
| Playground fun |
 |
| Yummy feast from the grill |
 |
| Our first family picture since Hannah joined the gang |
It was raining when we left Sunday so we were glad Saturday had been so lovely for our reunion. The kids did amazing on the road trip, it helped that we broke it up Sunday afternoon stopping in Oak Ridge at the Wheeler's for the night. On Monday morning before loading back up for the last part of the trip home we took the kids to a playground to wear them out first. Fun was had by all, and some more grandparent inner kids showed up there too!
Weekends like this last one remind me why it's always worth it to make the drive home. I can't wait to watch my kids and Hannah grow up together, I hope they look forward to times with their cousin as much as we always did with ours (Hallo meine liebe Bloglesendekusinen!). We likely won't all be together again until Christmas which made this mid-year family weekend even more special. I hope you all had a happy fourth of July!
 |
| Best friends |
such a great weekend!!! :)
ReplyDelete