Luke had a wonderful first birthday, thanks everyone for all the cards, gifts, texts, well wishes on Facebook, and even an international phone call (thanks Onkel Winfried!) to let our little man know how loved he was on his special day.
Kate was still running a fever on Tuesday, but her virus ended up being a blessing in disguise this week. It meant I had the day off work to keep her and as a bonus got to keep Luke home too to celebrate, and it meant that Matt's parents came to town to help out and were able to share birthday dinner and cupcakes with us. Today Luke had four shots at his one year check up and I was thankful that instead of sending him back to daycare after the ordeal I was able to bring him home to Grammie's arms for extra TLC instead.
Luke weighed 21 pounds 3 ounces and is 28 3/4 inches long. He's allowed to start drinking whole milk and I'm ready to stop pumping at work, so this will work out well for both of us.
A lot of people say my kids look alike. I'm not sure I always see it since their hair and eye color is opposite. However, side by side on their first birthdays, smashing cupcakes into their heart shaped mouths under their button noses... I see some resemblance:
It was a sweet day Tuesday playing with my son while Kate took naps off and on throughout the day. She's finally feeling better and I'm looking forward to sharing some Christmas traditions with the kids in the coming weeks since last year I was in a newborn postpartum fog and don't remember much of the season. Birthdays around the holidays just make for one more reason to spend with friends and family, and Luke is lucky that he was healthy and had a very happy, memorable first birthday.

So glad we were able to be with Luke on his first birthday. It was so much fun and so hard to believe that he is one already.
ReplyDeleteWe're having Kate and Luke withdrawal and I'm definitely missing having dinner prepared for me.
See you soon.