Last week Matt was off on another work related adventure, this time to Utah, and as usual I took the single parenting opportunity to... yell for reinforcements. It's become a bit of a pattern, but it really helps me keep my stress levels down and the kids, the grandparents, and I love the time we have with Kate's attention and affection while her number one is out of town.
My parents beat the South Carolina heat by playing in the sprinkler and doing indoor activities like a trip to the library and building forts in the living room. I came home to dinner on the table and a tired group of both kids and adults worn out from a full day of fun together. It was a special treat for all of us.
 |
| Kate reads to Winnie |
 |
| She can blow her own bubbles! Sometimes. Other times the sticky wand ends up all over her mouth and cheeks. |
 |
| Cooling off with Opa |
 |
| Oh hello! Would you like to come in our fort? Say the password please! |
 |
| Perplexed... and busy for hours I'm sure |
 |
| Love those bright baby blues |
I have said it many times, but after each visit I'm reminded again of how lucky we are to have our parents be a part of our children's lives. It was another memorable visit and I know Kate is already asking about the next one.
So glad that Oma and Opa could come help you out while Matt was gone. It's such a burden for us grandparents but someone has to do it.
ReplyDelete