Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Haze

Things have been... crazy.  And not in a good way.  We're in the fourth week of June and I'm really hoping it becomes the first complete,  full, normal work week of the month for me.  Kate was sick, Luke was sick, I was sick, Matt left the country for six days and barely had internet so we could hardly communicate, and a tragic accident at work added an emotionally draining aspect to a time that was already physically exhausting.  I have been tired.  And frustrated.  Some nights Luke sleeps great, others he is back to his torture techniques of screaming as soon as you doze off.  In the midst of this rough patch though there are so many things to be thankful for, more than ever, and I'm trying to focus on that instead of the hard things.

This smiley girl instantly makes me happy

First, my in-laws.  As usual, they stepped up in a big way when I needed them most.  A super-strain of Strep left me with a fever and misery for days and I don't know how I would have ever recovered from it if they hadn't come to keep things running smoothly while Matt was gone.  I love that my kids got such sweet time with their grandparents, precious memories shared of trips to the library, going out for ice cream, baking brownies together, Kate bossing them around, and splashing in the kiddie pool make me happy for all involved.

Sorry you're sick Ma, but this deal is working out pretty well for me!  Snuggling Grammie while sporting Daddy's old ball cap.
Tea parties with Granddaddy- her favorite family member for the week
When Matt came home last Friday night it felt like part of me returned too, like I'm not quite me without him.  He keeps this family running, and we know it and love him so much for all he does for us.

Happy Father's Day to this wonderful Daddy
Things are hopefully (maybe) slowing down, for the rest of the month at least, and I'll take whatever reprieve and normalcy we can get to savor the small stuff.  Luke is entering one of my favorite stages of babyhood, he is full of smiles and babbles and curious about everything.  He laughs and lights up as soon as he sees his sister, and I could watch them play together forever.

Look who can sit up! (Briefly. Face plant followed moments later.)
It is stupid hot here lately, but that hasn't kept us completely cooped up.  We take early morning walks before the three digit temperatures hit, have been to the lake, relax in our kiddie pool in the shade, and eat lots of flavored ice.
Not a bad arrangement
Thanks for dropping by the old blog, hope you and yours are having a fun, healthy, safe summer so far!

2 comments:

  1. As always great to see pictures of the kids. Love the one of Kate in the pool, just too sweet and Luke has the most adorable smile. His little face just lights up.
    It's so nice to know that you are comfortable with us when Matt is not home.
    The time with Kate and Luke is so precious. We cherish every minute and we are looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parenting was meant to be done with grandparents around! So glad you had help when you needed it!!

    ReplyDelete