Half a year with this sweet boy in our family has flown by and it keeps getting better. Luke is showing more and more of his happy, laid back personality everyday and is full of smiles, giggles and coos for anyone who looks his way.
Nights are a completely different story, and our playful grinning son is replaced with a screaming, squirming monster. He goes to bed easily and quietly, but he wakes up frequently throughout the night no matter what variables we try to change.
Amazingly, I'm functioning fairly well for someone who is repeatedly awoken each night by shrill screams. Luke greets me with a wide, drooly smile in the mornings and is a delightful child during the daytime. He has mastered rolling from front to back and back to front and is getting very close to sitting up on his own.
His eyes are blue, and now that he is six months old, they will probably stay that way. He has his bottom two teeth and the top two are visible under the gums but not popped through yet. He has enthusiastically started eating solids and nurses (or if he's at daycare, takes a bottle) about six times a day. He doesn't show any interest in eating during the night anymore, which is nice and all, except that it means I no longer have a magic trump card to get him back to sleep (I've tried. I've tried everything.).
Likes: his excersaucer, gnawing on anything, being tickled, attention from his big sister (luckily for him she adores hugging and playing with him), food, baths, and his Mama's voice
Dislikes: the safe, comfortable, cozy environment we've provided for him to sleep in each night, having goop cleaned out of his blocked tear duct, and having his razor sharp fingernails trimmed
| Finally friends after six months? |


He looks NOTHING like he did at 1 month. I'm pretty sure that's a different baby ;)
ReplyDelete