Sunday, March 23, 2014

Kate's Week of Fun with Oma and Opa

Since becoming a parent my own gratitude and respect for my parents has increased immensely.  Many times I have asked them, "how did you do it?" and their answer is often that they don't remember.  Well, this past week they got a reminder of what life with a busy but sweet little girl is like when they came to babysit Katherine and help me out while Matt was out of town.

Thank goodness they were here because I was feeling under the weather and extremely grateful that I was not alone with a demanding, draining, active child.  I love that just like a few weeks ago when Matt's parents were in town, Kate had several special days of undivided grandparent attention and that they got to experience her at this hilarious phase.  Following in her pattern of playing favorites with male family members, Kate preferred Opa's arms over Oma's, maybe since he was never the bad guy on diaper duty.  The weather was beautiful as spring has finally arrived in South Carolina and this happy trio spent their days strolling around the trails in our neighborhood and breaking in the new swing set.

Breakfast tastes better when Oma is spoon feeding you

Best friends, inseparable all week long



Sunny afternoon on the slide

This is the life

My big girl- sometimes she prefers to walk instead of ride in the stroller

It was a wonderful visit, and Oma even left Kate with a special new knitted masterpiece to wear just in time for March Madness to begin.  I guess we should call it Kate's lucky sweater since Kentucky had a big win today the first time she wore it!  Thanks Oma!



Blue from head to toe... until about 2 seconds later when the headband was rejected as expected
I know it is neat for my parents to see me as a mother, but it is just as cool for me to witness them in their role as doting, playful grandparents, they're naturals!  I'm looking forward to seeing how Kate's sweet relationships with all her grandparents will develop over the years, she is one lucky and loved little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment