What a strange winter it has been in South Carolina. February is turning out just like January at our house- full of illness and snow. This past week the ice storm that hit was a big mess and kept us home from work and daycare for three days straight. We actually got a mix of sleet, then snow, then rain the next day that froze overnight on the snow to create an icy wonderland. Luckily we never lost power, but a lot of the state did.
Kate's attention span these days lasts about 22 seconds and keeping that fast moving, energetic child entertained cooped up in the house for three days took some patience and creativity.
 |
| Making (and destroying) a pillow fort |
 |
| Valentine artwork |
 |
| A wooden spoon concert |
 |
| Opening Valentine's Day mail |
We also took Kate outside in the icy snow mixture, but she wasn't too fond of it and I don't blame her. It was hard, crunchy, and slippery... not really the kind of snow that is fun to play in.
 |
| I can't work with this guys, how am I supposed to make a snowman with ice?! |
By Friday everything was melting and I had come down with an ear infection, pink eye, and horrible sinus congestion. You read that right, it's me not Kate, that has all these icky ailments this time around although I partially blame her and all of her germ infested friends at daycare. Friday night the wild week ended with an earthquake giving the house a good rattle and scaring me have to death. It was actually considered mild as far as earthquakes go, but it was the first one I've ever experienced and it was unsettling to have your bed start shaking while you're asleep. We had visitors from Germany staying with us this weekend and had to explain that the snow on the ground and earthquake they felt was NOT a normal representation of South Carolina! I'll be back soon with a whole post about my aunt Maria's visit and the wonderful time we had with her and Manfred.
No comments:
Post a Comment