I wasn't sure if I would continue the monthly picture and post after Kate's first birthday, but here I am with another update. She is still changing so much each month that I know I will want to look back on all of these stages. The monthly picture however has become even more difficult to capture (see exhibit A). Oh well, I guess it's an accurate depiction of what Kate is like at 13 months- curious, climbing, and crazy.
![]() |
| Exhibit A |
This past month has been full of changes for Kate. The day after she turned one we went cold turkey and stopped sending bottles to daycare. Not only did she abruptly switch to straw cups, but they were suddenly full of whole milk which was also new to her (I'm down to nursing her twice a day, early morning and late night). She did great with the change to milk in a cup! However, the transition to the toddler room at daycare and only getting one nap a day instead of two hasn't been as smooth. Kate has started throwing tantrums- full on screeching, flailing, banging her head on the floor, kicking- tantrums. I wasn't expecting this kind of crazy behavior from a one year old! Luckily they seem to be getting better and we're blaming her whole routine being shaken up at daycare for the rough weeks we had this last month.
Kate weighed 20 pounds 7 ounces at her pink eye appointment last week at the doctor's office. Her walking has gone very quickly from stumbling chaos to fast, flawless steps. Sometimes she runs instead of walks, especially around the couch, and she attempts to climb everything. She babbles all day long and keeps adding new sounds to her little language, now we're just waiting for her to put those sounds together into some recognizable words. There have been several "Mama's" and "Dadada's!" but not very consistently. Her comprehension is growing daily and it's fun to watch her go and get objects we ask her to find and bring to us.
Likes: pointing at everything, looking at photographs, pulling shoes out of my closet, feeding herself, drinking bath water, dancing to music by bouncing her butt up and down, naptime and bedtime- no problems putting this little one down if she's sleepy, listening to music, books, playing her kazoo, putting her hand down the shirt collar of whoever is holding her, light switches, and watermelon
Dislikes: being strapped in her car seat, diaper changes, eye drops, being told no, pajamas, giving up her toothbrush, and leaving the bathtub
Having a one year old has brought some new challenges like each stage does, but it has been a delight to watch Kate evolve into a sweet toddler and continue to discover new things everyday.
![]() |
| Some scenes from month 13 |



what a wiggle worm!
ReplyDeleteYea for 13 month blog. I love the shopping picture. What fun!!
ReplyDelete