Friday, June 28, 2013

Baby on the Move


Of course I'll stay right here where you left me... hehehe

Last week the big news was sleeping through the night, this week it's crawling!  Eek!  Baby Kate is changing and growing up so fast!  This is on the early end of the wide age spectrum during which babies might start crawling, and I thought we had some more time before our girl was mobile, but that squirmy, curious, determined baby had other plans.  Don't turn your head for a second on her because she will be gone!
Brainstorming how to escape the exersaucer

After weeks of flailing her arms like she was swimming on land, this past weekend she realized that sticking her butt up in the air and rocking on her legs at the same time would help her get forward.  Smart girl.  Since then she has been perfecting her technique until it became a real crawl.  If you hold a toy in front of her, and she's in the mood, (that has a lot to do with when she decides to go for a crawl, currently only a happy baby chooses crawling as a means of transportation, an angry or tired baby opts for rolling at super speeds instead) she will keep going until she reaches it even if you keep moving it farther away.  "Lure the baby" has become the newest form of entertainment at our house.


Ha! I got here first, the caterpillar belongs to me! 

It really is fascinating and fun to watch Katherine learn new things, it seems like everyday she has discovered something else.  I love watching her excitement and pride whenever her little mind figures something out.  Last week sleeping, this week crawling, next week... who knows!?  I can't wait to see what this sweet and silly girl learns next!
  
Ooo! A phone! I want it!




2 comments:

  1. Wow - crawling already - that's amazing! Way to go Baby Kate!! Now nothing is safe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I can hardly wait to see her crawling.

    ReplyDelete