Tuesday all that remained was what could not be reached, the highest of the high growing pansies at the top of the staircase wall.
It was time to invest in a super ladder to help us eradicate the pansies once and for all. We got sidetracked for awhile at Lowe's debating colors at the paint sample wall, but then we regained focus, bought and brought our versatile new best friend home. Matt is braver than me, so he had the honors of peeling the last bit.

While I was on the phone chatting with Anne he soaked and scraped the last layer of the fuzzy backing, and it gives me great joy to report that by the time I went to bed my home was 100% floral wallpaper free!
It feels good. Really good. Even though the kitchen looks terrible right now and I know there's still a lot of work ahead of us, to me the most dreaded aspect of the kitchen makeover was always the wallpaper.
I realize my last three blog posts have been about my kitchen. Don't be surprised if my next three are too. We're going to spend all our free time trying to put it back together, so there won't be anything else going on for me to blog about. I'm aware that the coming days will be full of more tedious steps like sanding, priming. painting trim, etc. However, for right now I just feel victorious that I have defeated every last little flower.



yippee! congratulations!! Truth be told, I like the exposed dry-wall better than the pansies :)
ReplyDelete