Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nothing in the Nook

When we came home from church this morning our breakfast nook looked like this:

After an afternoon of scraping, it now looks like this:
I didn't make it all the way around the nook, you can tell the the right side is still the base layer of wallpaper, it will need to be soaked before I can peel that sticky mess off to reveal the bare drywall underneath.  Our fall weekends are filling up fast (bridal showers, baby showers, high school reunions, weddings, business trips, and family visiting) so my new goal is to be painting by Labor Day so we can put this project behind us before we hit our busy streak of no free weekends.  The more I peel the more excited I am about living in a pansy free kitchen.  Stay tuned... as you may have noticed I saved the worst for last and the staircase peeling is up next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. yay for progress! what about your weekend with The Bitters?!?

    ReplyDelete